I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
Encompass House currently provides support to people with disabilities under a case management model. As Case Managers it became very obvious that some of our clients were having difficulties in overcoming the barriers associated with social inclusion and networking. Typically clients receiving ISP funding are allocated a specific number of hours to provide support under their ISP Primary Purpose Codes (08) enhance opportunities for community access and participation (07) social networking. These allocated hours are sometimes (A) insufficient (B) predominantly done so on a 1:1 basis with full support and (C) Long term with little or no opportunity for the development of natural friendship and networks.
In order to address these barriers Encompass House has developed a pilot program in line with our vision statement:
Client directed – Client focused- Client outcomes
· Affordability - client sharing the support costs
· Natural networks - Clients choose who their own networks and friends
· Autonomy - Actively participating in all decision making processes
· Action - Address the barriers to social inclusion
· Resilience - Are less reliant on services and funding
· Relationships - Forming and maintaining natural friendships
Monthly Social Planning Nights are designed for participants to form friendships, discuss and determine what social pathwayss they would like to pursue. Details of these meetings are as follows
· Participants meet once a month at Encompass House
· First Monday of every month 5.30pm to 8.30pm cooking demonstration food provided
· Cost of attendance including meal is 1.5 ISP allocation
As a short term goal participants are supported to attend selected social events identified at the monthly social planning night.
As a long term goal of forming and maintaining natural friendships and networks develops formal supports are gradually withdrawn until participants are independent of services and funding supports
Social events currently formed include
In house Friday night footy & tipping competition
Trivia night at local Hotel
Saturday night out
Interested person/s are invited to contact Encompass House